2016 STORYTELLING COMPETITION FOR SCHOOL STUDENTS in YRS 5 & 6
Australian Storytelling Guild (NSW) Inc
What to submit.
A video storytelling performance of a published or well crafted original story that takes between 2 and 6 minutes to tell.
Students are encouraged to tell the story in their own words to capture the essence of the story rather than learn the story word for word. For this competition we are not accepting poetry or rhymed stories.
Conditions of entry
- Storytellers may be filmed performing either in front of a live audience or directly to the camera
- Filming should show the performer in a full body or half body shot so that the arms and hands are visible
- Stories are to be told, not read
- The story is to be no longer than 6 minutes
- Consideration should be given to pace and tone of voice, expression and gesture
- Please send your video file on a USB stick to The Australian Storytelling Guild (NSW)
- All entries must be postmarked by Friday 6th May 2016 or earlier
- The quality of the performance will be judged, not the quality of the video or filming technique
- Finalists will be notified by 20th May 2016
- Finalists will be invited to present their story at the Sydney International Storytelling Conference, Sunday afternoon family concert May 29th 2016
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation via email.
Prizes for the competition:
1st place $150, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $50
HOW TO ENTER
1. POST a USB stick with a video file of your performance accompanied by the following information:
- School name
- Story title and Student’s name
- Teacher’s name.... contact phone no.... and email address.
Storytelling Competition for Students
Australian Storytelling Guild (NSW)
P O Box Q274
QVB Post Office NSW 1230
NB. (If a school has a number of entries they can all be placed on the one USB. When sending written information about entries please list in order of performance on the USB submitted)
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have posted your USB entry so that we can check and confirm its arrival.
President - Australian Storytelling Guild (NSW)
Competition Email enquiries: email@example.com
At our One Day Wonder - Storytelling Conference in June 2015 we had a most delightful afternoon being entertained by the performances of the finalists of the 2015 Student Storytelling Competition
Results of the 2015 Student Storytelling Competition
First Place - Monika Nacovski - George’s River Grammer School, George’s Hall (The Tortoise and the Hare)
Second Place - Holly Buxton - Our Lady of Fatima Primary School, Caringbah (Nightmares)
Third Place - Bella Gosling - Covenant Christian School, Belrose (Brussel Sprouts)
Highly Commended - Calvin McKinnon - Tempe Public School (Rumpelstilskin)
Highly Commended - Emma Kevric - St Anthony’s Primary School, Marsfield (Blind Man's Drop)
Highly Commended - Ben Sipina - St. Charles Primary School Waverley (Fly Guy)
Bella Gosling Holly Buxton Monika Nacovski